I swear to you, this is the easiest recipe ever, with huge payback in the form of healthfulness and total deliciousness! I guarantee my claims, or your money back!
This recipe is so easy and foolproof that I'm not even gonna give you the amounts on some of the ingredients. Just assemble according to your own preferences. It will not fail you! And, my apologies for not including a photo. After I made it, it was devoured so quickly, that I forgot to snap a pic.
Nancy's Most Delicious Faux Pasta
makes 3-4 servings (out of 1 large spaghetti squash)
• 1 large spaghetti squash
• Ground buffalo meat
• Olive oil
• Red pasta sauce (about 1/2 - 3/4 jar)
• Cauliflower, broken up into florets
• Green bell pepper, chop or slice
• 3 carrots, 1/4" slices
• 1 Serrano chili, sliced
• 1 Jalapeno, sliced
• 1 Poblano chile, sliced
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut open the spaghetti squash. Remove seeds. Quarter. Nuke on "high" for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Can also bake instead, for about 45 minutes or so.
2. In skillet, heat olive oil, and brown the ground meat. Add pasta sauce to heat.
3. In another skillet, heat olive oil, and saute all of the veggies together.
4. Using a fork, rake out the spaghetti squash onto plates. On top, add sauteed veggies and meat with sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
• Can be made with one skillet. Either set aside the veggies, then cook the meat and sauce, or vice versa, or, just cook them all together.
• Hot chiles are optional, but highly recommended!
• After sauteing, I picked out the jalapenos and threw them out before I assembled everything.
• Substitute any kind of ground meat that you like. I like buffalo because it's very lean.
• Use any kind of veggies that you like.
• Anything goes for the sauce as well. To save time, I buy my Ragu sauce in a jar. It's light on salt and sugar, but it's still super tasty.
So, there you have it. There's the recipe, but you can really do anything to it that you like and you can not ruin it. It's just a simple, easy assembly job with simple ingredients!